Products We Use
All of the products we use are completely environmentally friendly 100% green products.
- Microfiber Cloths: Microfiber is a naturally anti-bacterial material. Microfiber attracts & removes dirt & germs from surfaces & traps them until laundered. For glass and mirrors we use microfiber glass cloths. These perform well even on the grimiest of windows and mirrors and can also be sanitized each day and reused. All cloths, dust mitts, microfiber mops and regular mop heads are thoroughly sanitized at the end of each day to prevent the transfer of any germs or bacteria.
- Dyson Vacuum: These high quality machines improve indoor air quality and rid your home or business of allergens.
- Bathroom: For cleaning we use Norwex. Norwex makes a cleaning paste that is so harmless you could actually eat it. I do not recommend this, nor have I tried it, but nothing works better for making your shower doors sparkle.
- All-Purpose: We use Sapadilla All Purpose Cleanser which is super concentrated so a little goes a long way. It is scented with natural essential oils to leave your home smelling fresh!
- Granite: We use Method for granite counter-tops is one of our favourites. It helps bring that brand new shine back to counter-tops without leaving streaks.
- Glass and Surface: We use GreenWorks Glass & Surface it is our all time favourite for cleaning glass & mirrors. It has a very light citrus scent and leaves a sparkle that others can not compete with.
- Flooring and Wood: We use BONA for wood, tile and laminate is AMAZING! It lifts all those little footprints with its microfiber mop and leaves a shine without streaking.
- Dusting: For dusting we like to use dust mitts as they really trap and hold the dust until we remove them from your home and sanitize them so we can reuse them another day. We have not found anything that works better to pick up dust instead of other products that just move dust around. And dust clothes seem to get full and need to be thrown in the garbage. These dust mitts can be reused and reused with proper care and cleansing.
Conventional Cleaning Vs. Green Cleaning
Does it really make a difference?
The drive for instant cleaning solutions for busy families and businesses has increased the use of strong chemicals in cleaning products, but without due consideration being given to the long term effects of such chemicals in our daily lives.
Medical research shows that statistical increases in asthma, related breathing problems, skin irritation, and even cancer, indicate that we are using too many strong chemicals in our homes and businesses. Ironically, a large number of these toxic chemicals are found in cleaning products that are advertised as giving us a germ-free environment.
In the last decade, the incidence of asthma in men has increased 29%, while in women, that rise is 82%-- due in part to larger fat reserves in the female body, where toxins are stored, and also to longer exposure to chemicals because women carry out more household tasks involving cleaning materials.
The Effects on Children
Children are especially at risk from absorption of harmful chemicals used in cleaning products. Small children play on and run their toys over carpets and floors cleaned with toxic products, then handle these toys and put them in their mouths. Add to this the fact that a child's respiratory rate is three times that of an adult, and you can see that use of harmful chemical products in the home is an undesirable practice.
Without a doubt, the main culprits are aerosols, which discharge cleaning products into the air. The maxim 'if you can't eat it, don't breathe it …' is certainly appropriate, and you should consider using an alternative to any product that demands use only in a ventilated space.
Dangers of Bleach
Accidental swallowing of bleach is the most frequently received call at Poison Control Centers involving children under the age of six. Young tender hands and lips can also suffer serious burns, not to mention the respiratory and eye irritation it causes adults and children alike.. If bleach can do such damage, and is so predominately a factor in the accidental poisoning of young children, why keep it around?
We go above and beyond industry "Green" standards to offer you truly healthy, effective cleaning methods. Get your home or business healthy and clean without the toxic residue!
Why use green cleaning for your home or business?
- Environmentally friendly cleaning creates healthier surroundings:
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products help improve indoor air quality and reduce the health problems that traditional products cause. Building occupants, visitors and janitorial staff experience fewer incidents of skin, eye and respiratory irritations or burns; allergies; multiple-chemical sensitivities; headaches; nausea or other gastrointestinal ailments; poisoning; cancer; reproductive hazards and damage to internal organs.
Healthier environments increase productivity and marketability
- Healthier employees mean happier employees. Statistics show increased worker satisfaction, improved morale, reduced absenteeism, and increased productivity and efficiency.
- Employees and customers appreciate knowing that Green practices and environmentally friendly cleaning products are used in the building.
- Going Green helps you market your business as a socially conscious one.
Green cleaning helps the earth
Implementing a green program can reduce the negative effect your cleaning and sanitary operations have on the environment. Using environmentally friendly cleaning products in the right manner helps decrease air pollution, water pollution, ozone depletion and global climate change. Green practices also promote recycling, reduce the use of raw materials and minimize toxic products requiring disposal.
Your Eco Wish Is Our Command!